Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Road to Becoming a Shopaholic.

Confessions of a Shopaholic is one of my favorite chick flick movies because I love looking at all the different outfits that Rebecca Bloomwood would wear. Plus Isla Fisher is so beautiful!

I was genuinely sad that she had to sell off her things to help pay off my debt because I don't think I could ever part with pretty clothes. Then it hit me. I have an unhealthy attachment to my clothes and yet, I want to keep buying more and more new stuff.

While I don't shop like Rebecca, I have been shopping a lot lately. Mostly from stores like H&M and Forever 21. Yes, I know everyone says their clothing isn't of the greatest quality, but when you're a poor college student with student and living fees plus a low paying job, you have to deal with it. Plus, I don't really care if the clothes are "cheap" because they're usually very trendy and I like to play with trends that will come and go without spending too much $$$.

I've never really cared about my appearance. Back in high school, I only wore baggy jeans and tshirts with a jacket all day since San Francisco weather is always this weird cold temperature. So no cute skirts/shorts/dresses/tanks/etc. It was sad. But to be honest, I felt really awkward in my body in high school so I didn't dress up till basically a year ago. My closet is still full of mundane clothes, but give me a little more time and hopefully, it'll be revamped into something I'll love. ^^

Anyways, I'm thinking of maybe taking some pictures of sample outfits that I like to put together, but I'm also kind of camera shy since I don't know who will see these and there are a lot of internet bullies out there. I have some thin skin. T^T

No comments:

Post a Comment