Thursday, July 15, 2010

LOVE: Aviators.

I wouldn't mind being pulled over by Donald and Zach.
When aviators first came into vogue, I didn't really like them. They reminded me of dirty 80s cops and perverts. The image of some mustached man asking for your information used to come instantly when I saw these shades. So for a long time, I kind of shied (OT, but this word looks strange) away from this trend in high school, which was when it started coming back.

But now that some time as passed, I've grown to love my aviators. In fact, they're basically my HG (holy grail) style of sunglasses. I think this is because they always seem to fit me. You see, I have an "Asian" nose, so the bridge of my nose is pretty flat. I love my nose, but I have a hard time finding shades that will fit comfortably on my face. Also, I have "Asian" eyes (whatever that means) and my eyes kind of protrude from the plane of my face. That is, if you look at my eyes from profile, you can see that my eyeballs jut out a little. (Maybe I'll show a pic later!) Therefore, sometimes when I try on sunglasses and they don't fit on the bridge of my nose, I try and force it back so they would rest there, but then it would hit my eyeballs. So yeah, pretty odd scenario.

But yes, I really love aviators now. That just goes to show that you can hate a trend, but end up loving it in the end. :)


Also, I fell in love with this pair of Carrera bubblegum pink pair of aviators when I went to the Gilroy outlets. I think they were also $120 at the Solstice and I really loved the way they looked on me, but I couldn't buy it because I was pretty certain that I only had $200 in my bank account. :( `Really really liked them though. Sigh, one day~!

No comments:

Post a Comment