Monday, July 12, 2010

I'M SO BAD AT PAINTING NAILS.

Painting your nails is an easy simple way to achieve a pop of color or spark an interesting conversation, or even just to polish off your look. With that said, I'm horrible at it. I don't know why, but I could never get the right consistency on my nail and it ends up being super lumpy or marked. I think I put on coats that are too thick, but painting my nails usually takes like an hour, mayhaps more. Argh, it's quite frustrating. Maybe I should look online for some techniques, but it seems like such a simple task, that it would be silly to look it up. Hahaha

Also, I think I need a new base coat. I know that no one reads this blog as of now (since I've never told anyone about it yet) but if you are backtracking, I would love suggestions. I'm using the Seche Vite ridge filler one, but as much as I love the Seche Vite topcoat, I don't quite like the base coat. It doesn't really smooth out the surface of my nail. Or maybe I'm putting that on wrong too.

As for colors, I'm currently in love with bright poppy colors. One of my friends went down to San Jose to pick up some nail polishes for cheap, so I might wanna go check that out. I wanna expand on my nail collection. ^___^

Right now, I have a Sally Hansen's The Real Teal on. I like it a lot, but I feel like the first time I used it, it looked better. Probably cause the first time didn't look lumpy. Sigh, so sad.

In any case, I guess I'll look for tutorials (lol, so silly) so I can get this technique down. I feel like a little girl for not knowing how to paint my nails properly. :3 Hopefully, the next time I do them, it won't take me nearly as long.

No comments:

Post a Comment