Sunday, July 11, 2010

Make me pretty, please.

All my life, I’ve felt that I’ve been pretty plain. Actually, worse than plain, ugly. You see, I grew up with eczema all my life. For those who don’t know what that is, it’s basically a skin condition that’s characterized by dry, itchy skin. Think of poison ivy, but year round. As a kid, you can imagine how bad it would be to be teased all the time about my appearance. Thus, I’ve always felt that I wasn’t very pretty.

I didn’t feel comfortable in my own skin till college. My skin was still pretty bad, but for the most part, I was learning to deal with it. I started to dress a little better, wear a little bit of makeup, and generally adopted a more sunny disposition. And that has made me feel much more content with the way I look.

I think a lot of girls feel that they’re not pretty or there’s some flaw with them. When in reality, most people don’t even care. I strongly believe that any confident woman is beautiful. There are tons of celebrities or models with striking characteristics that could be considered flaws, but because they have full confidence in the way they present themselves, these “flaws” become unique.

In any case, I’m still quite the novice at makeup and fashion. But I want to document this “transformation” because I want to show you that anyone can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment