Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

I've always liked Thanksgiving as a kid. The food, the family, the chatter, it was really cool. For the past few years, my family stopped celebrating Thanksgiving and I've always been kind of sad about it. My mom works during the holiday and my family just doesn't have the motivation to have a huge feast.

Thankfully, my friends started celebrating it together so I was able to have the experience. It was fun just putting together a dinner all together and catch up.

What am I thankful for? I'm thankful for the health of myself and everyone that I love. I'm thankful that I have a home. I'm thankful for my boyfriend, of course. <3 I really like the feelings that Thanksgiving brings about.

It used to be all about family and food, but nowadays, it feels like people talk more about Black Friday or how excited they are for Christmas. Don't get my wrong, Christmas is great, but do we really need holiday music for all of November and December?

Anyways, I'm excited to eat myself into a coma tomorrow. I'm celebrating it with my boyfriend and his family. :)

Edit: I think Thanksgiving should be reserved for family, but if you do want to shop for beauty products on Black Friday, you can get some nice deals online so you don't have to wait in the cold.

Temptalia has a list of codes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment