Thursday, November 17, 2011

Designers for Less: Versace for H&M

I've been hearing a buzz about the Versace for H&M. I've never been a huge follower of designers. Fashion came really late for me and I really can't tell designers from each other. I guess in a way, it's pretty lucky because I would be lusting over all these designer pieces that I can't afford. But I'm always impressed when designers do a line that's more affordable than their main label.


I've never really looked at Versace's designs, but when I heard about Versace creating a line for H&M, my interest was piqued. The lookbook is out and here are some pieces that I think are interesting.

Love the waist detail and the charming arm slits!

I really like this dress. It's simple, yet classy. I think the little slits on the arms just adds a hint of danger without trying too hard. I also love the detailing around the waist. Love the different textures and just the touch of gold.

How luxurious does this look?

Funny thing about faux fur. I always thought it was super tacky to wear fake fur. Why would you want to have some dead animal hanging off your frame? But as I look at more fur stylings, I fall more and more in love with the idea of a fur vest or a fur scarf. I think depending on what you pair it up it, it can either look classy or cheap.

Every girl has to have some sparkle!

As with the faux fur, I always thought sequins were tacky as hell. But I'm getting more and more adventurous with what I wear to go out at night. I love how sequins reflect off light. I would take off the belt though. I think the belt looks too bulky and actually takes away from the sparkly goldness.



This just looks badass to me.

I LOVE this jacket. The gold detailing is so nice and I love the juxtaposition of having leather and gold studs. I think the gold actually warms up the jacket. There's enough detailing to make this jacket unique and not tacky.


I don't know why, but the bondage-esque top screams out to me.

I really like this color. I don't know if I could personally wear this dress because I don't think my girls would be happy in the top part, but I think it's one of those dresses that I would admire off someone else.

I love the back straps, bust detailing and the layering of the skirt.

This is probably another dress that I wouldn't personally wear because it has so much attention at the bust. But I really love this dress. All the straps and the corset-inspired top makes it looks really sexy, but then you have the soft flowy skirt. It's one of those little black dresses that just seems so unique.

Overall, I really liked some of the pieces from the collection. I wouldn't buy anything, per se, but only because I don't have the income for it. Even though it's significantly less than the designer prices, the items from this collection aren't cheap, in my opinion. Also, there's such a buzz about these that I doubt I would even be able to get my hands on it before it's all sold out.

I really enjoy these designer collaborations with every day people retailers. I think it's nice to be able to get some designer pieces at a lower price. After all, a girl needs to eat.

2 comments:

  1. Want the last black dress and YOU need that fierce leather jacket!

    If only it wasn't so expensive... for us. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sad that we're not rich. Maybe I can buy some studs and make the leather jacket myself. :'(

    ReplyDelete