Friday, November 11, 2011

I love fall~!



Fall has come and I really love this season. As a kid, it would always represent the beginning of the school year so I was never really excited for fall to come, but now that I'm in my 20s, fall brings me tons of neat things:

Fall leaves. It's kind of silly, but I get this swell of happy feelings when I see leaves fall. It gives me inner giggles when I see a ton of leaves being blown off their branches, watching them slowly drift in the wind. I've always found the effect to be ethereal and calming. I always feel like I'm in a fairy tale.

The weather is really nice too. It's cool, but not cold. I'm a San Francisco girl so I'm not afraid a little chill. Plus I get to pull out my cute coats and scarves!

Hot drinks. Now that the weather has cooled down, it's finally time to pull out the hot cocoa, hot cider, tea, and other hot drinks. I love hot cocoa, but I don't really drink it during warmer climates because who wants to sweat while trying to enjoy something? Having warm drinks on cold days are the best because you can feel yourself getting warmed from within! Oh, I also love chilis and soups during this time. Yum!

Thanksgiving. I LOVE Thanksgiving. I feel like Thanksgiving gets overshadowed by Christmas. After Halloween, it seems like stores just switch to Christmas music and Christmas ornaments. I personally like the idea of getting together to give thanks and having a meal much better than the consumer crazy culture Christmas seems to envoke. Though, even Thanksgiving is being overshadowed by Black Friday...

Fall Fashion. I couldn't end this without talking about fall fashion! I really like the fact that we can start layering our clothes. And tights! I love tights because they keep me warm (sometimes I wear two pairs) and they're so versatile. You can dress up or down an outfit with just the right pair. I also really love scarves and hats. Fall lets me wear them without worrying too badly about being too cold. Winter just forces me to bundle up and it doesn't always look cute.

I also love the colors of the season. Right now forest green and mustard yellow seems to be everywhere. I've been on the hunt to find the perfect forest green nail polish.

I love fall. There's just something magical about it.

<3 Teresa


No comments:

Post a Comment