Saturday, December 3, 2011

Haul: Grocery Outlet



Lately, I've been toying with the idea of finding good deals on cosmetics and clothing. Yesterday, I went to Grocery Outlet, which is a grocery store that sells at a discount. Personally, I don't mind stores like these, but I don't think I would buy generic goods or produce from these places. Maybe I'm a bit of a snob, but I've been kind of pampered after going shopping at Nugget Markets.

But anything goes for packaged, name-brand goods. And I found some good deals. Here's what I got:

[Please excuse the iPhone pictures. My camera is out of juice and I can seem to find that darn charger. :( ]

Sally Hansen Salon Nail Color Set, $5.99



From the looks of these bottles, they're part of an older set. I think Sally Hansen changed their bottle design sometime around late 2009, but don't quote me on it. I actually really like the shape of these bottles, they remind me of the Rimmel ones that I love. I thought it was a steal at 5.99 since bottles of Sally Hansen can go up to 8 bucks or so and I got 5 whole bottles at 6 bucks, which puts them at 1.20 each + tax. Not bad, I say. I don't know what I'm going to do with the clear one, but the other colors are very wearable.

Revlon Assorted Nail Polish Stick, 4.99



I don't think this is an official stick that Revlon would put out. There were about 3 sticks left and there were two different combinations, but inside those combinations, there were duplicates so that there were only like 2 bottles difference between the two. I just picked up one since who needs two bottles of the same polish? At $5 dollars, each of these polishes put me back $1 dollar each. I think I might have some of these shades, but I can always give them away if that was the case. Who can say no to a bargain like that?

L'oréal Hip Duo in Moon Goddess 35, $2.99



I haven't bought any of the L'oréal Hip collection, but I'm always reading about how great they are. This was the only one of the shelf so I just couldn't say no to it. I haven't opened it yet, but it looks like a kind of purpley taupe and a charcoaly black. I figured these colors were pretty wearable and I don't think I have anything like the purpley taupe color.

TRESsemmé Curl Activator Spray, $2.99


I really like curling my hair, but I've been too lazy to do it lately. It never seems to come out great. I have like 4 curling irons and some hair straighteners, but my curls never seem to hold for more like a few hours, and even during those few hours, the curls are droopy and lifeless. I've been searching for a product to help create curls and keep them for a while now. I decided to give this one a try. Hopefully, it won't disappoint.

Overall, I'm happy with my purchase. :) I wish the cosmetic section of Grocery Outlet was bigger. It was the size of those end shelves that you see at the end of an aisle and there were many good name-brand products. I only go with names that I know because I don't know if I can trust any knock off items and my body is extremely sensitive to products. There was an elf palette too, but I decided against it because I have so many palettes now.

No comments:

Post a Comment