Thursday, December 29, 2011

Review: Lovely ME:EX Nail Polish Remover (01 Pink)

On Monday, my best friend, Sabrina of The Petite Style, and I hung out in the San Jose area. After a long day of shopping our butts off at the Great Mall, we stopped by The Face Shop, which has been on my yelp "to try" list since August 2010. There were a ton of cool Korean products, but unfortunately, most things were just out of my price range.

Lovely ME:EX Nail Polish Remover 100ml, $3

I picked up two face masks and this nail polish remover. Initially, I was drawn to it because of the color and the smell. It doesn't smell like just alcohol, it has a bit of a fruity scent to it. I thought it was lovely at the time.

T H E . G O O D
I removed my Muppets mani from a few days ago since it was chipping. It took off Warm & Fozzie alright but left bits of glitter all over my hand, which may be because of the cotton balls I'm using. I found that it took off Excuse Moi! a bit easier than regular nail polishes, but I don't know if the glitter is less stubborn in this formula or if the nail polish remover actually removes chunky glitter better.


T H E . B A D
I don't really like the packaging. It's cute, but I don't find it functional. It has a medicine type of cap which is supposed to make it harder for children to open it, but it just kind of annoying. It took me a few tries to open it because I didn't realize it was a medicine cap. And even after realizing it, I would forget and try to open it again without pushing down.

Also, the opening for the product is tiny! I'm so used to large openings. I find that if you stick a cotton ball or pad in the normal bottles and do a quick upside down swish, it has enough product to remove a few nail's worth. But this one just slowly drips and because of the light pink color (which is nice) I can't tell how much product is dispensing.

The smell also started to be a turn off. I liked it in the beginning, but the longer I'm exposed to it, I can smell more of the acetone. Then it just smells like bad medicine with this weird fake smell.

I also found the product to be kind of expensive for what you get. It's a tiny bottle. For $3, you don't get much.

I don't think I would buy it again. Disappointed, to be honest. Hopefully, the masks will turn out well because I read some good reviews on it.

2 comments:

  1. Gah, I haven't even used mine yet! How sad! I remember how excited we were because it didn't stink of the usual nail polish remover scent. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I'm disappointed. I think I'll just stick to acetone. :( But it did take glitter off decently so I might reserve it for removing chunky glitter.

    ReplyDelete