Wednesday, December 28, 2011

HG: EOS Lip Balm


I've been using EOS for a while now. I had bought it on a whim because of its shape and was pleasantly surprised at how great it works. I've already gone four of them: summer fruit, honeysuckle honeydew, and medicated tangerine, and strawberry sorbet [ which was eaten by my boyfriend's sister's dog :( ]. I just bought the sweet mint one today to replace the eaten one.

A little background on me. I tend to lose my lip balms before I can finish them. I would buy lip balms almost once a month and I don't even use lip balms daily sometimes (bad habit, I know). So when I found this product, it was a miracle that I've gone through, not one, not two, but three whole spheres.

I find the texture of the lip balm to be ideal. It's not too heavy so I don't feel like I have a lipstick or salve over my lips and it's not too light so it stays put when I mash my lips together, which I happen to do a lot. I know some people find it waxy and not very smooth, but I really like it. I guess it depends on everyone's own preferences.

I've out of the four I've tried, I actually like the summer fruit the most. I thought honeysuckle honeydew would be my favorite since I love honeydew, but out of them all, summer fruit has the heaviest scent and longest lasting of them all. Honeysuckle honeydew and tangerine have a pretty mild flavor and scent which is great for those who don't really want too much artificial flavor, but I don't think summer fruit is too bad. Strawberry sorbet is a pretty standard strawberry flavor, but it's not too fake tasting, which is nice. I really like the sweet mint one as well. When I saw that it was mint, I was a bit worried, but it tastes a bit like candy canes. It's really nice.

I didn't realize that the tangerine one is medicated. I haven't really noticed any difference between them, but it might be because I didn't use it regularly enough. I just use it if I feel like it.

I've tried plenty of lip balms and this one is basically my holy grail. I always have it on hand. I never lose it. I finish them. It's basically the best thing for my lips. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment